Director Moatts joined the IAFC as the Southeastern Division executive director in December 2013.
Prior to joining the SEAFC Ms. Moatts was the New Business Development/ Project Coordinator with a major distributor of uniforms and safety equipment serving the Greater Charleston area. Ms. Moatts was able to secure the contract for fire and ems uniforms for all government organizations through her affiliation with JPTA, a nationally funded procurement association.
While serving with the SEAFC, Ms. Moatts took the association to a new level of governance structure by
Assisting the executive board in updating existing policies, adding new policies and procedures to help
Enhance the organization and encourage growth not only financially but also in sustained revenue streams.
Ms. Moatts was appointed to Vision 20/20 Initiative task force, created by the Institute of Fire Safety Engineers to represent the Southeastern Division Chiefs in promoting fire safety awareness and education in the targeted states of Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee and West Virginia. The appointment grew to working at the blessing of the IAFC Fire & Safety Section and Mr. Jim Crawford. Ms. Moatts led the collaboration of appointing SME from each state fire chief association to attend the Vision 20/20 Summit. This led to the nationwide discussion of fire safety awareness and education and furthered the nationwide cause.
Ms. Moatts also worked with the American Red Cross Initiative to distribute smoke alarms. Ms. Moatts
Worked with local agencies “boots on the ground” to locate high-risk neighborhoods and educate the citizens on fire safety and the importance of smoke detectors.
Ms. Moatts joined the Southwestern Division in October 2015 and continues to work with the present administration to improve governance as well as promote the annual conference by locating talented speakers and instructors to improve the divisions relevance and bring more of what the members have requested.
Here is a brief resume of Director Moatts positions held
- Recognized as regional new business development salesperson of the year for 2011 & 2012- Unifirst Corporation
- Member of National Manufactured Housing Commission-Alabama Chapter Code Enforcement Division 1998-2002
- Safety Director Glidewell Specialties Foundry 2005-2009
- Committee member of Gatlinburg Wildfire Recovery and Resources established by the Tennessee Fire Marshal’s office and Tennessee Fire Chiefs Association- 2016
- Vision 20/20 Task Force representative of Southeastern and Southwestern Divisions
- Incident Commander responsible for SEAFC Leadership Conference 2015 and 2017