1118 Fernwood Dr Midwest City, Ok · 73130 · (405) 568-7767 · email@example.com
- Oklahoma State University
- Bachelor of Technology, Emergency Responder Administration, December 2014
- Associates of Applied Science, Municipal Fire Protection, May 2010
Summary of Qualifications
- Over 24 years of progressive municipal fire service experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Managed daily and emergency operations for personnel assigned to Station 1 as a Major and Shift Commander Ride-Out.
- Commanded emergency incidents.
- Midwest City Wellness Committee Member, 2012-Present.
- Blue Card Command Certified, 2015.
- City of Midwest City Insurance Committee Member, 2011-2014.
- Midwest City Fire Department, Tribute to Liberty, Incident Command, 2014.
- Midwest City Fire Department, Veterans Day Staging Officer, 2013 & 2014.
- Oklahoma State Firefighter’s Pension and Retirement System Board Chairman, 2011.
- Midwest City Fire Department, Shift EMS Coordinator, 2002-2007.
Fire Service Experience
Midwest City Fire Department
- Fire Chief: 2015- Present
- Major: 2014- 2015
- Captain: 2012-2014
- Lieutenant: 2009-2012
- Apparatus Operator: 2007-2009
- Senior Firefighter: 2004-2007
- Firefighter: 2001-2004
Harrah Fire Department
- Firefighter: 1995-2001
- Volunteer Firefighter: 1994-1995
- Oklahoma State Firefighter’s Association
- Executive Board from 2007-2012. I was President of the Board in 2011 and during this time I served as interim director for the organization in the absence of an Executive Director. I was involved in the hiring and firing process and enforcing the policies of the organization. I also helped to manage the budget.
- Educational Advisory Committee member. During my time on this committee I worked with others to make plans for the State Fire School for the State of Oklahoma. I planned classes and set budgets to operate to be able to provide training to the fire fighters from across the state.
- I am a member of the memorial fund raising committee. This committee serves as the lead for raising money in effort to fund the building and the sustainability of the Fire fighters Memorial located on the grounds.
- Oklahoma Fire Chief’s Association
- Currently serve on the board for the Association
- Member of the International Association of Fire Chiefs
- International Association of Fire Chiefs Southwestern Division
- Currently the Oklahoma representative serving on the board
- International Association of Firefighters Local 2066
- I served as the President of the organization from 2011-2014. I was responsible for managing the contract and negotiating contractual language for the respective years. As the President I was the representative for the Union on the City’s insurance committee. This committee serves as the group that oversees the insurance plan and works to make sure that the plan is the best for the employees and financially balanced.
- Center for Public Safety Excellence Fire Officer (FO) Designation, 2013. I am the first Company Officer in the State of Oklahoma to receive this designation.
- Boy Scouts of America Eagle Scout, 1989