Home » Conference
Category Archives: Conference
Why should you decide to sponsor or exhibit at our conference?
How about 1200+? That’s how many current members belong to the Southwestern Division of the IAFC. How about add another 1000 to that number?
That’s the additional impact we have at our state associations. Our state partner associations are made up of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas
Considering the location of our region (FEMA 4) we have huge impact in the way much of the nation responds to the needs of the American Fire Service.
In Texas alone there are 1,529 registered fire departments SOURCE https://apps.usfa.fema.gov/registry/summary
Register now to exhibit, sponsor or donate to our 2017 Executive Leadership Conference. We appreciate our suppliers and partners. Without you, none of this would be possible. All donors will automatically get a mention in our conference program and brochure
Your participation in the IAFC- Chapter Conference assures even more of the support for training and support goes directly to the members.
Click the links for more information:
He has presented his “Reset the Clock” program over 1,100 times to more than 26,000 leaders at employer facilities across North America. He has presented the HR Professional version of this program for SHRM Chapters across the country, annually for Dallas HR.
In conjunction with various employer, industry and professional associations, he has conducted live TV broadcasts, webinars and on-line employee relations programs, in addition to presenting at their regional and national conferences.
Balance Employee and Employer Rights
- Concerns about job security, responding to
- Generalized disparaging comments, how to address
- Personality and attitude problems, how to handle
- Discriminatory comments, disassociating yourself from
Minimize The Risks of Day-To-Day Management
- Employee complaints, proper responses to
- Problematic job interview situations, how to handle
- Erratic performance, how to address
- Disabilities, responding to a request for an accommodation
Maximize The Effectiveness of Your Policies
- Open discrimination charges, responding to a request to discuss
- Sexual harassment complaint, proper initial response to
- Substance abuse, confrontation in obvious impairment situations
- Violence, responding to threats of
Key Concepts for Staying Free of Legal Challenges
- Serious misconduct, proper initial response
- Previously unaddressed misbehavior, how to address
- Corrective action meetings, how to prepare for and conduct
- Discharge meetings, how to prepare for and conduct
Eliminate Your Personal Liability
- Potential sexual harassment, proper reaction to
- Serious off-the-job misconduct, how to respond to
- Reference checks, how to handle
- Disclosure of Medical Conditions, How to React to
IN 2013 MIKE WAS INDUCTED INTO THE HRSWC HALL OF FAME!
Discount offered to Southwestern Division Members!!! Register now and save $60
We’re excited and honored the 4th Annual Station Design Conference will be held in the historic, 80-acre Bob Bolen Public Safety Complex in Fort Worth, Texas, May 3–5, 2017.
This renovated 500,000 sq. ft. complex is shared by Fort Worth fire and police headquarters and expansive training venues.
Located in one of two pre-WWII warehouses, the Fort Worth Fire Department has repurposed the historic facility into modern offices, auditoriums, classrooms and offers extensive training scenarios—a must-see facility!
This year’s program has expanded to provide three days of immersive education on fire station design presented by award-winning architects and project managers of fire stations and public safety facilities to guide you through the journey to your new fire station.
- Meet one-on-one with expert architects for an objective review and discussion of your department’s plans.
- Gain insights into the bidding/construction process.
- Learn about the newest technology and innovations designed to boost performance and response times.
- Become knowledgeable about the latest design trends in security, safety, firefighter health and more!
- Network with fire chiefs, officers, public safety officials, award-winning architects and project planners from across the country.
Special Discount for Southwestern Fire Chiefs Assoc. members!
Register now and save an extra $60 on top of Early Bird pricing—That’s $160 off on-site pricing! Use promo code: SWFCA (Early Bird pricing ends on 3/15/17)
Whether you’re thinking about your next fire station, or already in the process, you won’t want to miss this event!
ATTN: EXHIBITORS OR SPONSORS:
PLEASE COMPLETE THE CONTACT FORM BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
OR REGISTER ELECTRONICALLY >>>Vendor Registration
2017 Executive Leadership Conference
October 5-7 Houston Clear Lake
For Discounted Online Reservations www.hilton.com/group/iafcswgrp
Special group rate: $109/night
Oklahoma City, OK was host to the SW-IAFC and OFCA joint conference April 6-9
An incredible week of education, networking, exhibits and fun. The conference also enjoyed the largest attendance numbers in recent history for the SW Division conference.
Keynote speaker Executive Director Bill Webb delivered a message about the power and influence we hold as the leaders in fire service to the leaders in Washington. CFSI continues to work for America’s Fire Service!
Congratulations to our new board members
Chief Shauwn Howell of Arkansas was elected to serve as 2nd Vice President.
Chief Roy Robichaux of Louisiana was elected to serve as the IAFC-SW Division Director.
Chief James Fullingim of Oklahoma was elected to serve as the Secretary/Treasurer
The annual installation of new officers will be held during the FRI Division Luncheon in San Antonio